UL HPC School - November 2016
The University of Luxembourg operates since 2007 a High Performance Computing platform which currently features a total of nodes (in practice, computing cores) for a cumulative computing power estimated at TFlops.
The total raw storage capacity shared within the clusters is currently estimated at TB (NFS + GPFS + Lustre).
The UL HPC management team will offer instructions and practical sessions with the aim to cover the basic usage of the platform for newcomers, on the following topics:
- Accessing and interacting with the UL HPC infrastructure
- HPC challenges, especially as regards data and storage management
- HPC workflow management
- Software environment deployment
New members of the UL or HPC beginners should not miss this opportunity to learn about the efficient usage of the HPC platform.
November 25th, 2016, in the Belval campus - MSA auditorium 3.330
All sessions will take place at the Belval Campus.
Important You are expected to bring your laptop for all sessions since there will be no workstation available on site.
Agenda - November 25th, 2016
|09h30-10h30||Keynote: Overview and Challenges of the UL HPC Facility at the Belval Horizon||S. Varrette|
|10h45-12h30||PS1: Getting Started on the UL HPC platform (SSH, data transfer, OAR, modules, monitoring)||S. Diehl|
|13h30-15h00||PS2: HPC workflow with sequential jobs||H. Cartiaux|
|15h00-16h00||PS3: Debugging, profiling and performance analysis||V. Plugaru|
|16h15-17h30||PS4: HPC workflow with Parallel/Distributed jobs||V. Plugaru|
|17h30-18h00||Closing Keynote: Take Away Messages||S.Varrette|
PS = Practical Session using your laptop
The HPC school will be organized at the Belval campus of the University of Luxembourg.
University of Luxembourg, campus Belval
2, avenue de l’Université
49°30’15.4”N 5°56’54.2”E (49.504268, 5.948397)
By intercampus shuttle
The University of Luxembourg is offering an Intercampus Shuttle service linking its main sites in Luxembourg-City and Belval. More information on go2.uni.lu
The following bus lines are servicing several stops on Belval Campus:
- TICE Ligne 1: Esch - Belvaux - Lamadeleine;
- TICE Ligne 2: Esch - Soleuvre - Differdange;
- TICE Ligne 3: Esch - Belval - Bascharage - Niederedingen;
- TICE Ligne 4: Belval - Esch - Schifflange - Kayl - Dudelange;
- TICE Ligne 7: Belval - Esch - Lallange - ZARE;
- TICE Ligne 15: Esch - Belval - Bascharage - Clemency;
- RGTR Ligne 202: Luxembourg - Belvaux - Obercorn;
- RGTR Ligne 203: Luxembourg - Soleuvre - Differdange;
- RGTR Ligne 321: Luxembourg - Esch/Alzette - Villerupt (F);
- RGTR Ligne 322: Esch - Rédange (F);
- RGTR Ligne 325: Kirchberg - Hussigny (F);
- RGTR Ligne transfrontalière 306: Trier (D) - Cloche d’Or - Belval;
- RGTR Ligne transfrontalière 309: Perl (D) - Frisange - Belval.
More information: Mobilitait Zentral
By Train, “Belval-Université” Train Stop
Trains departing every 15 minutes from Luxembourg Central Station are direct to “Belval-Université” - line is connection-free via Esch-sur-Alzette. Get information on train schedules on the CFL’s website.
When on site, access to buildings is easy on foot.