Save the date!
Having a High Performance Computing platform available for the UL researchers and PhD students is a chance to deeply accelerate their workflow and analysis, however the effective usage of such a complex system requires both talent and system skills to understand the impact of its personal workflow on the global performances of the system. In this context, the seventh edition of the UL HPC School offers instructions and practical sessions on a variety of topics, including:
- Access to and interaction with the UL HPC infrastructures
- HPC challenges, especially as regards the storage data management (backups, git, GDPR, quotas)
- HPC workflow management (for sequential and parallel tasks)
- HPC programming and usage of the main software available on the platform, with dedicated sessions directed towards Matlab/Mathematica, R, Python, OpenMP/MPI, MultiPhysics, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Big Data analytics, Deep and Machine learning etc.
- Debugging and profiling
- Software environment management
- Virtualisation with containers on the clusters
- Participation is free of charge for UL staff members, partnered public research institutes and students (250€ for externals)
- List of practical session
Important Pre-registration is required. No on-site registration will be accepted. Pre-registration will be accepted until Friday, June 8th, 2018. Registration Fees (250€) apply for UL externals and should be paid prior to the venue.